Tuesday, May 7, 2013

How Time Flies

Well, here I am. Two days into the last week already. It feels like it's been forever since I left home and yet it feels like it hasn't been that long. On one hand, I'm ready to go home. On the other, I'll really miss being here. C'est la vie.
 
 
Last Wednesday & Friday we walked about 30 minutes to Flushing Meadows Park. It is a pretty large park---it has a small zoo, the Terrace on the Park banquet hall, lots of walking paths, the Mets' stadium, and much more. If I lived here all the time, I would constantly be going there. It was fantastic to be able to get some sun and to sit in grass and make dandelion chains. When we went on Friday, we visited the little zoo...not sure if that was a hit or not---he was terrified of the sea lions, and some of the animals were hard to see. Here are a few pics from that.
 
 





 



The bear was a big hit. In fact, when it was time to leave, he didn't want to go--just wanted to sit and watch the bear. He kept repeating one of his new favorite sayings, "Oh whoa!" and even asked if he could touch it. :)



1 comment: